Businesses face a constant challenge to identify, isolate, mitigate and manage evolving risks confronting what it is the business has set out to achieve. Of course not all risks are created equal. Some risks may be necessary in order for the business to succeed and others need to be transferred to ensure the business objectives can be realised.
There are forms of risks that need to be avoided at all costs and which raise serious questions;
- What would happen should a key unit of machinery be damaged?
- Is there a business continuity plan in place?
- What will happen to your market share if your premises are destroyed?
- Do you have a key person risk, if that person were to leave or is unable to work would the business be compromised?
- What happens if a critical supplier suffers a major loss and can no longer provide you with that unique component?
Each of these risks can be catastrophic for a business. However every business is unique. That’s why we believe it’s so important to take the time to understand your business, your drivers and fundamental concerns, risk management philosophies and plans for the future. We will not assume your business is the same or similar to other businesses.
It is only by spending the time up front to understand the greater risk landscape that allows us to give our customers a truly tailored insurance solution. We will challenge the status quo and, where appropriate, audit your existing insurances to see how they stack up against the business.
The team at Long Burroughs is experienced in all forms of business insurance having advised the largest publically listed companies, to the cornerstone of New Zealand’s economy — small and medium enterprises.
The following policies are commonly required by most businesses, however where a client requires a specialist or bespoke insurance solution we have the ability to access markets to meet most needs;
- Property Damage;
- Business Interruption;
- Commercial Motor;
- Machinery Breakdown;
- Marine (Transit) Insurance;
- Key Person Insurance;
- Trade Credit.
Our process and experience ensures you get an insurance programme that is designed to meet your specific needs.